Rubix, Reisman, Gidget, Kinder, Orangutan (Baboon's sister), Alleluia, Marcello and Sutton/Riley:
We had a full house and were thankful for the good weather so the dogs could be outside to enjoy the sunshine and grass.
Surprisingly, the puppies didn't get much attention. Although everyone thought they were cute, no one expressed interest in adoption. Marcello was the man of the day, a favorite at the event as well as with the volunteers at the shelter because of his fun loving personality. He is a sweet boy who loves people. Still strong on his leash, he is learning. Let's hope he found his forever home!
To learn more about the other dogs available for adoption please go to http://strayrescue.org/adopt.
After the event Rubix and I were tired. He certainly had enough treats, but I was starving. We got home, I ate and we took a nap. Upon waking up from my nap I became violently ill. All the dogs were concerned and stayed by my side. Rubix in particular was there for me; he stood guard and cuddled close. For all his puppy energy it was amazing to see how much he calmed down and watched over me. He is a great protector and nurse.
A special thanks to my friend Gwen for helping at the Adoption Event yesterday and being my mom today. Ryan had to work and I still wasn't feeling well, she came over bearing soup and crackers. She made the soup and delivered it to my sick bed. She refilled my water and let the dogs out. She took the puppies for the afternoon and evening so I could sleep. She is a wonderful friend and great mom substitute. Thank you Gwen!!!

