Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baboon's Home!!!

by Erika on Monday, October 25, 2010 at 1:05pm
 
Baboon got to come home early!  He and the rest of his Monkey litter are all doing well.  As I type this, our little Baboon is playing with Brady's octopus and bouncing around my office...wait, now he's playing with a rope ball.  He is acting like a puppy - running, bouncing, chewing.

VSS vets called me throughout the weekend with status updates and I checked in a few more times to fill in the gaps.  My friends knew I would be nervous while he was away and they kept me entertained out at Innsbrook.  On my way home this morning, VSS and Stray Rescue said I could bring him home.

Thanks to all of you that supported us with your good thoughts and words of encouragement.

Baboon's vet stay at VSS was an estimated $605.  Plus they took in the rest of his litter, that's $605 X 5 = $3,025.  And they might be keeping the others until they can find more foster families, the costs keep adding up for Stray Rescue and this is only one of many litters and dogs in need of urgent medical care.

If you are able to help Baboon and other rescued strays, please donate to Stray Rescue at http://strayrescue.org/node/69.