Thursday, November 11, 2010

Baboon Goes to the Vet

Just a regular check up for My Sweet Baboo.  Today he was due for his 2nd round of vaccinations and he did great! 

Once again I am so impressed with the Stray Rescue vet.  As the overly protective, concerned foster parent I arrived at the vet with a list of questions and she happily replied to them all:
  • Why does Baboon have runny eyes?  Probably allergies, she provided a tube of something to apply twice a day to his eyes for 7 days.
  • Are there any long term complications from Parvo?  No, in fact he is now immune to Parvo.
  • Is there any relation of deafness with his blue eye?  No, he can hear.
  • Why does Baboon eat dirt like candy?  Because he's a puppy.  Try to prevent it, he could pick up parasites.
  • I already increased his serving size, but he looks so thin.  How much should I feed him?  Increase his portions to 1 cup, 3 times/day while he continues to grow.
  • How far can I run with Baboon?  For now, no more than 2 miles.  Longer distances could be too much for his growing joints.
Baboon received 2 shots plus his microchip, eye lubricant, Heartguard and Frontline.  He weighs about 19 pounds and they still think he is about 18 weeks...I think he may be a little younger.  He is a healthy pup and going to be a great dog!

We return to the Stray Rescue vet on November 29 for Baboon to get neutered.  Baboon may be adopted anytime after he is neutered...I know, it will be very hard, but if we find Baboon a forever home then I can help more dogs in the shelter.

Baboon Making Himself at Home

I need to take more pictures, he's grown this week and is so cute!!!  Long little body with shorter legs, I predict he will be shorter than Annie and Brady.