I say we're ready, actually it's just Baboon who's ready. Baboon has long since proven that he will behave well in a social environment with other dogs and lots of people. It is me who has been procrastinating, hanging on the hopes that someone I know would offer him a home. Please note: I did not foster Baboon with the expectation that a friend would adopt him. It was just a hope once I brought him home and fell in love with the little guy. A hope that whenever I introduced him to friends or friends of friends they too would fall for his sweet charms and want to keep him forever.
But I will not "sell" Baboon! The right family will fall in love with him and when they do, it will make the whole process worth it...or so they tell me. One of the Adoption Event Coordinators tells me it gets easier each time, she swears. She said that she cried like a baby when her first two were adopted, but didn't shed one tear on her last two. She's made progress, so I will too. But be forewarned, I will be an emotional wreck...who am I kidding, I already am an emotional wreck! Geez, I never used to be such a cry baby.
So where can you meet Baboon and other Stray Rescue dogs available for adoption?
Saturday 11/20 at GRAVOIS BLUFFS PETCO 12:00 - 3:00 P.M.
Saturday 11/27 at One Lucky Mutt in Wildwood, 12:00 - 3:00 P.M.I see this Saturday's Adoption Event as a practice round. A chance for Baboon and I to learn what to expect so we are well prepared for One Lucky Mutt after Thanksgiving where I will be the coordinator.
Here's my plan...I'm going to get through Thanksgiving and Baboon's neutering (11/29) then decide whether or not to bring in another foster puppy. It would be ideal if Baboon was selected before he got neutered then I could bring in another puppy knowing that Baboon has a home waiting for him. But we'll just see what happens.
Wow! This is emotionally tougher than I anticipated. Thank you for your patience with me!!!