We did it! Baboon and I successfully attended our first Stray Rescue Adoption Event.
In preparation for the event I made myself a list:
- Baboon
- blanket
- water
- bowl
- toys
- leash
My folding chairs are at the cabin so thankfully my friend met me at the event with one of hers to borrow. The Event Coordinator provided water for all 2 and 4-legged attendees. She also had plenty of towels and paper towels, just in case. She had a big sign, applications, business cards, binder of available dogs...everything you could think of. She was also full of lots of great advice!
All the volunteers and foster parents were so nice. All the dogs were so cute. They had a mother with her 9 puppies, only 8 weeks old - she and her puppies got lots of attention. There were also a few puppies just a little younger than Baboon. And several older dogs too. The full list of dogs that attended the event...
Bowren, Spam, Pumpkin, Olympia, Lady Di, Marquise Knox, Kim Massey, Ella Fitzgerald, Diana Krall, Amy Winehouse, Etta James, Blues Boy King, Billie Holliday, Treasure, Percy, Marcello, Butternut and Baboon.
All Companion Animals for Adoption: http://strayrescue.org/adopt
Despite all the commotion with lots of dogs and people, Baboon was well behaved. I spread out his blanket and toys and he took it all in. He visited with my friends who brought the chair, met the other Stray Rescue dogs available for adoption, and remained quiet and calm. If he was ever unsure of a dog, he simply backed up and sat down. I was so proud!
A few of the dogs had their scraps, one dog pooped and peed all over the place, but My Sweet Baboo was perfect. I even tried to get him to go outside, but he didn't want to. For three hours he mostly lay down and quietly received pets from potential forever families.
After the event I picked up a voicemail from someone who met Baboon last week, she wanted her boyfriend to meet him. So rather than driving straight home, we met the boyfriend at One Lucky Mutt. It was a big day for Baboon, but I wanted all interested forever families the chance to meet and fall in love with him.
I think we might have found a forever home for My Sweet Baboo, but he can't go home until he's neutered on the 29th. So cross your fingers and hope that all goes well between now and then. In the mean time I think I will go pick up another foster puppy.
I'll keep you posted on the status of Baboon and soon introduce you to my new foster puppy.
Our next Adoption Event:
Sat. 11/27 One Lucky Mutt in Wildwood, 12:00-3:00P.M.
You can be sure that I will have at least one puppy there!
A Very Tired Baboon