Fostering Baboon for Stray Rescue is my primary reason for blogging, I want to spread the word and find him a good forever home...the perfect forever home. Below are the "notes" I wrote about Baboon on FaceBook to help you catch up on our adventures together. He is a great dog!
Why "Baboon"? What happened to "Buddy"? As you may be aware, Stray Rescue rescues stray dogs in need of medical attention, restores them to health, and places them in loving adoptive homes. Stray Rescue has a beautiful new facility at 23rd & Pine, but it's full and they rely heavily on foster homes. In order to help manage all the dogs, they give them all names and try to group the litters together. Baboon was part of the Monkey litter, he has a sibling named Chimpanzee. Baboon seemed silly at first and I called him Buddy, but then it got confusing when discussing him with the vet and Stray Rescue. So...he is Baboon or My Sweet Baboo and it fits!
I try to bring Baboon with me when I go out to help him socialize. On Monday we went to the store and then went to Diner, he was awesome! We went to a store where dogs are allowed inside and he was very excited. He sniffed and looked around, but got a little too excited when he met the shop owner and peed a little on the floor. It was just an accident, he's actually very good about going outside. Then off to the Kodners for Monday night Diner Night!
The Kodners have a very welcoming home, open to all critters great and small. Baboon already met the Kodner kids and dogs, but this time there would be other visitors to the house as well. I'm afraid I'm getting spoiled, once again Baboon was great! No accidents (that I am aware of) in the house, played well with others and shared nicely. I feel like I'm writing a report card for My Sweet Baboo.
But Baboon isn't perfect. In full disclosure, I must admit that he has a stubborn streak (I think it's the Husky in him). For now, he's little and if I'm in a hurry and he's not following me then I just pick him up. But he won't be this little forever and I'm not that strong (but I'm working on it). Often enticing him with a toy and his big foster brother Brady will get him where I want him to go, but sometimes he digs his heals in and won't budge. So, together we are working on listening and coming when called. It's actually good lessons for both of us.
Below is the only non-fuzzy photo of Baboon and Brady playing tug-of-war. They tug their rope, octopus or bunny every day. The two of them will tug and play and sometimes even our Little Annie will join in on the fun. After a few minutes of play time they all take a nap and I conduct my conference calls, it works out very well.
Playing
Napping